The first year students demonstrated their talents at Gubkin University
On November 8, 2018 the traditional inter-faculty Day of the First Year Student was held in the Palace of Culture "Gubkinets" at Gubkin University. The Marathon of creative events organized by the student councils of the faculties started with a concert, where the best fist year students demonstrated their vocal, dance and other talents.
The first year students representing all University faculties participated in the competition, the goal of which was to engage the first-year students in the University life, to develop their creative abilities, and to search for new talents.
The competition was held in three categories: the best vocal turn, the best team of humor, the best variety turn.
The jury included the Vice-Rector for Education Marina Filatova, the Vice-Rector for Academic Work Vladimir Koshelev, the Vice-Rector for Research Alexander Muradov, the Vice-Rector for International Affairs Alexander Maksimenko, the Head of the Office for Work on Campus Vladimir Filatov, Deputy Director of the Palace of Culture "Gubkinets" Artem Eremeev, Director of the Center for Youth Initiatives Lidiya Yermolaeva.
The ceremony was opened by Vladimir Koshelev who awarded a diploma to the group number AC 17-04 as “The best first year group for 2017–2018 academic year”.
Following the results of the competition, the jury also awarded the best performers in the following categories:
- the best vocal performer – Daria Hoptovaya, the Faculty of Chemical and Environmental Engineering;
- the best team representing the Club of the Funny and Inventive (KVN) – the team of the Faculty of Law;
- the best pop performers – students of the Faculty of Oil and Gas Field Development and the Faculty of International Energy Business, as well as the ballroom dance studio “Crystal”;
- the best day of the first year student on campus – the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science;
- the best support group – the Faculty of Chemical and Environmental Engineering.
The Faculty оf Mechanical Engineering became the winner in the category “the best faculty”.