Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Gubkin University is the collegial management body established in order to assist the Academic Council and the University administration in the following issues:
- Strengthening the University competitive performance as a leading Russian academic and research center of the country’s oil and gas complex;
- Designing the strategy and the long-term plan of the University development, consistent with the objectives of the country's oil and gas industry;
- Solving the fundamental issues of improving academic, research and economic, including innovative, activities of the University;
- Strengthening and improving the effectiveness of the University cooperation with oil and gas companies;
- Implementing research and engineering developments of the University and obtaining commercial effect.
The Board of Trustees of the University consists of:
- Senior officials from the Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Ministry for Energy of the Russian Federation, the Ministry for Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation, the Ministry for Defense of the Russian Federation;
- Heads of administrations of the subjects of the Federation - the oil and gas production regions;
- Representatives from the State Duma and the Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Moscow City Government and the Administration of the South-Western Administrative District of Moscow;
- Chief executives of oil and gas companies, financial and other organizations expressed willingness to support the University as trustees.
The Rector of the University and delegated to attend by the Academic Council members, including undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students, are ex officio members of the Board of Trustees.