The annual contest Mister Gas was held at Gubkin University
On 17 April 2019, as part of special events dedicated to the 89th anniversary of Gubkin University, the contest Mister Gas 2019 was held in the Palace of Culture "Gubkinets". The title of Mister Gas 2019 of Gubkin University was awarded to the student of the Faculty of Design, Construction and Exploitation of Pipeline Transport Systems Ivan Stefutin.
The contest was organized with the support of MOSGAZ company.
The contest was held in two stages, including:
- the examination of professional qualifications, which took place at MOSGAZ operations base and where the participants were given individual assignments to demonstrate their theoretical knowledge and applied professional skills;
- the finals in the format of bright and creative show where the participants have to make such assignments as the presentation, action defile, race of heroes, professional and creative exercises, and ballroom etiquette.
Over 3,500 students and their parents, faculty and staff members, heads of Russian and international oil and gas companies, representatives of government bodies and public organizations came to watch the bright event and follow the contest results.
The contest jury was chaired by the Vice-Rector for Education of Gubkin University Marina Filatova.
According to the results of the contest and the jury's evaluation, every participating gentleman became a winner in a certain category, including the following:
- Mister Gas 2019 and Mister Professionalism – Ivan Stefutin (Faculty of Design, Construction and Exploitation of Pipeline Transport Systems);
- Mister Audience Choice and Mister Courage – Gleb Povzhik (Faculty of Oil and Gas Field Development);
- Mister Style – Ilya Kurbatov (Faculty of Economics and Management);
- Mister Charisma – Alexander Ishutin (Faculty of Law);
- Mister Originality – Maxim Ryabov (Faculty of Integrated Security of the Fuel and Energy Complex);
- Mister Determination - Stepan Yandrenov (Faculty of Chemical and Environmental Engineering);
- Mister Energy – Alexander Mishin (Faculty of Petroleum Geology and Geophysics);
- Mister Creativity – Gamid Ismailov (Faculty of Automation and Computer Science);
- Mister Sport – Nestor Alexiy (Faculty of International Energy Business);
- Mister Reliability – Ivan Lysenko (Faculty оf Mechanical Engineering).