The international scientific and educational youth school on design, manufacture and maintenance of equipment for the fuel and energy sector was held at Gubkin University
On 30 September – 16 December 2020, the International Scientific and Educational Youth Summer School "Modern Aspects of Design, Manufacture and Maintenance of Reliable Equipment of the Fuel and Energy Sector” was held online by Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Gubkin University.
35 Russian and 1 international student took the full course. Some classes brought together up to 50 participants.
The program of the course covered the following topics:
- use of the compressor equipment for the oil and gas industry (delivered by Mr. Alexander Khodyrev, Professor of the Department of Machinery and Equipment for Oil and Gas Industry, Doctor of Technical Sciences)
- experience of using the compressor equipment at a refinery (delivered by Mr. Vladimir Zakharov, Associate Professor of the Department of Metal Science and Nonmetallic Materials, Candidate of Technical Sciences)
- ribotechnical characteristics of lubricants (delivered by Ms. Nicole Doerr, Head of the Scientific Segment at the Austrian Center of Competence for Tribology “AC²T research GmbH”, PhD)
- compressor oils as part of the compressor equipment (delivered by Mr. Franz Novotny-Farkas, Board Member of the Austrian Tribology Society, PhD)
- review of the protection technologies to increase wear of friction units (delivered by Mr. Manel Rodriguez Ripoll, Head of the Laboratory of Wear-Resistant Coatings of the Austrian Center of Competence for Tribology “AC²T research GmbH”, PhD)
- experience in applying wear-resistant coatings (delivered by Mr. Alexey Buryakin, Associate Professor of the Department of Tribology and Repair Technology of Oil and Gas Equipment, Candidate of Technical Sciences)
During the course, Gubkin University faculty members outlined the domestic experience of using the compressor equipment at oil and gas fields and oil refineries, the methods of increasing the efficiency of friction units by applying wear-resistant coatings. The scientists from Austria spoke about theoretical and practical approaches to increasing the durability of tribotechnical units of compressor equipment through the use of lubricants. The Austrian experts delivered lectures in English supported by illustrative materials. A technical glossary was also provided to all participants for better understanding of the material.
The summer school was held under the auspices of two scientific and pedagogical schools of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering “Tribology of materials and machine components” and “Dynamic systems of drilling and oil and gas field machines and equipment”. The preparatory organizational and educational work was carried out by Professor Alexander Prygaev, Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Ms. Oksana Elagina, Head of the Department of Tribology and Repair Technology of Oil and Gas Equipment, and Mr. Alexander Maksimenko, Professor of the Department of Theoretical Mechanics.
At the end of the course, the participants were tested in all sections of the program, and based on the results received certificates of the International Scientific and Educational Youth Summer School.