Professional development program in oil and gas well drilling technology for Vietsovpetro and Petrovietnam specialists successfully completed
The Center of Innovation Competencies awarded certificates to Vietsovpetro and Petrovietnam specialists who successfully completed the professional development program in oil and gas well drilling technology hosted by Gubkin University.
The professional development program was offered and organized by the Center of Innovation Competencies. The language of instruction was English.
Within two weeks, along with a theoretical course on drilling – from design processes to well abandonment, program participants were offered various formats of training, including:
- informative and research workshops on studying properties of drilling fluids and cement slurries,
- activities on a full-scale simulator, modeling the work of a drill man on the most advanced drilling rig systems of the 7th generation,
- activities on prevention and elimination of gas, oil and water inflows on the full-scale simulator DrillSim-5000,
- work with software aimed to calculate and design the well-bore trajectory,
- practical classes to foster skills in prevention and elimination of complications and accidents during well site construction.
Upon completion of the theoretical part of the training, program participants had to pass the final qualifying examination.
During the closing meeting, the Rector of Gubkin University Viktor Martynov congratulated participants with successful completion of the training program and emphasized that cooperation between Gubkin University and Vietnamese oil and gas companies is constantly extended.
In addition, the program participants were greeted by the representatives from Russian and Vietnamese oil and gas companies such as Petrovietnam, Gazprom International and Gazprom who noted the present-day level and high quality of the training provided by the University.
To learn more about professional development programs offered by Gubkin University, visit the page for Professional Development on our website.