The new composition of the Academic Council of Gubkin University was elected
On October 30, 2018 the conference with participation of the faculty and staff members as well as students was held at Gubkin University. Within the framework of the event, the new composition of the Academic Council of Gubkin University was elected, and the Concept of the University Development for 2019-2023 was approved. 187 delegates attended the conference.
The Chairman of the Commission on Elections of the Academic Council, Professor Albert Vladimirov opened the conference. At the beginning, the working bodies of the conference were elected, including the working presidium, the secretariat and the counting board.
Afterwards, the Rector of Gubkin University Viktor Martynov introduced the Concept of the University Development for 2019-2023. The comprehensive development program had been worked out in accordance with the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Law of the Russian Federation on Education, the state program of the Russian Federation “Development of Education”, federal documents regulating educational and scientific activities of higher education institutions and the Charter of Gubkin University.
The mission of the University is designated as the enhancement of the human and technological potential of the fuel and energy complex of Russia on the basis of innovative scientific and educational activities focused on the digital economy.
The following key tasks faced by the University were highlighted by the event participants:
- development of education,
- development of additional professional education,
- modernization of research and innovation,
- development of human resources,
- improvement of the University management,
- development of socio-cultural infrastructure,
- development of material and technical base,
- support and development of interaction with the professional community,
- implementation of the information transparency policy,
- regional development of the University,
- development of international cooperation.
During the discussion, a number of additions were made to the concept, after which the document was unanimously approved.
According to the results of the secret ballot, 85 individuals, included in the bulletin, were elected to the Academic Council for the period of 5 years.