Rector of Gubkin University Viktor Martynov presented Annual Report 2017
On February 27, 2018 the open meeting of the University Academic Council was held at Gubkin University. The Rector of Gubkin University Viktor Martynov presented the Annual Activity Report 2017.
The deans, heads of departments, professors, lecturers, representatives of all University units as well as the heads of student unions took part in the meeting. Participants reviewed the progress of the University in the past year as well as defined the most important activity areas for the coming year.
“The previous year was the year of a systematic work focused on the implementation of the Comprehensive Program for Development of the University and development of the University as a national research institution. The work of the entire team has been evaluated by excellent indicators of the university monitoring conducted by the Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation and consistently high rankings”, - said Viktor Martynov.
The following achievements were highlighted as key ones in 2017:
- according to university effectiveness monitoring 2017 made by the Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Gubkin University became the leader among all higher educational institutions in Russia receiving the highest score – “A”;
- according to the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation, Gubkin University is one of the top three universities in the country in terms of graduate employability, and is ranked the leader according to the entry level salary for university graduates;
- for substantial contribution to training of highly qualified specialists for the oil and gas industry of Uzbekistan, by the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev, Gubkin University was awarded the Order of Friendship;
- the research program on request of Gazprom was signed for 2018-2020 in the amount of 1.5 billion rubles; in 2018 it is planned to sign additional agreements in the amount of 300 million rubles;
- the Center for Marine Drilling was launched with the support of Rosneft;
- the large lecture hall was reconstructed and re-equipped with the support of Caspian Pipeline Consortium;
- four specialized departments, including Specialized Department of Supply System Management in the Oil and Gas Sector (Rosneft), Specialized Department of Environmental Supervision, Regulation and State Environmental Expert Review (Rosprirodnadzor), Specialized Department of Renewable Energy Sources (LUKOIL-Energoengineering), Specialized Department of Technological Supervision and Regulation in the Oil and Gas Industry (Rostekhnadzor), and Department of Geoecology were established.
The following goals were defined as priority for 2018:
- implementation of the Comprehensive Program for Development of the University as a national research institution by 2019;
- strengthening of cooperation with oil and gas companies, development of the employer-sponsored education at faculties of the University;
- development of the University brand and ensuring high ranking indicators;
- increase in research and development work carried out by the University faculty and staff;
- preparation for accreditation of the academic programs offered by the University;
- development of the University facilities and resources etc.