Gubkin University faculty members became laureates of the international competition of scientific, technical and innovative developments
On 12 November 2020, a special ceremony was held to present diplomas to the team of authors from Gubkin University and MGIMO University who were awarded the titles of laureates of the international competition of scientific, technical and innovative projects aimed at the Arctic and Continental Shelf development for the joint work "Analysis of the challenges and prospects of using systems for subsea hydrocarbon production in the Russian Arctic".
The competition is held annually with the support of the Government of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
As noted by the organizing committee, 64 works from 52 organizations were submitted for the competition in 2020, covering a wide range of scientific, technical and production projects aimed at the development of hydrocarbon resources of the Arctic shelf.
During the event, Dr. Alexander Maksimenko, Vice-Rector for Scientific and International Affairs, emphasized that Gubkin University is presently the leader in conducting scientific research and training highly qualified personnel for the development of the Russian Arctic shelf.
The team of authors includes:
- Dr. Sergey Grinyaev, Senior Researcher, Dean of the Faculty of Integrated Security of the Fuel and Energy Complex at Gubkin University
- Dr. Ilya Samarin, Associate Professor of the Department of Automation of Technological Processes at Gubkin University
- Dr. Pavel Kalashnikov, Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Aided Design of Oil and Gas Industry Facilities at Gubkin University
- Dr. Inga Sochneva, Associate Professor of the Department of Global Energy Policy and Energy Security at MGIMO University
- Dr. Dmitry Medvedev Associate Professor of the Department of Legal Security of the Fuel and Energy Complex at Gubkin University