Rector of Gubkin University, Professor
Viktor Martynov was born on 25 August 1953 in Moscow, Russian Federation.
Degrees and titles
- Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Education
- Full member of International Higher Education Academy of Sciences (since 2006)
- Full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences in the oil and gas section
- Full member of the Academy of Mining Sciences (since 2014)
Viktor Martynov graduated with honors from Gubkin Moscow Institute of Petrochemical and Gas Industry, majoring as mining engineer-geophysicist (1975).
He is a PhD in Geology and Mineralogy (1981), a Doctor of Economics (2004).
Junior, senior researcher at Gubkin Moscow Institute of the Petrochemical and Gas Industry
Director of the Central Inter-industry Institute for Professional Development of Oil and Gas Managers and Specialists in New Areas of Engineering and Technology at Gubkin Moscow Institute of the Petrochemical and Gas Industry.
First Vice-Rector of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Director of Institute of HR development issues in fuel and energy sector.
Head of Geophysical Information Systems Department at Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas
Rector of Gubkin University
Public and other activity
- Member of dissertation councils
- Member of the Association for Engineering Education of Russia
- Vladimir Putin’s trustee
- Member of Gazprom Board of Directors (since 2013)
- Member of RussNeft Board of Directors (since 2016)
- Central Komsomol Committee Badge of Honor “For Active Work in Komsomol” (1981)
- All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions medal “For Active Work in Trade Unions” (1986)
- Silver medal of the USSR Exhibition of Economic Achievements (1989)
- Medal “In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow” (1997)
- Award holder of Scientific and technical society named after Ivan Gubkin (2002, 2008)
- Medal “For merits in holding All-Russian population census” (2004, 2010)
- Medal ‘Leader of Education’ of Znanie Society (2011)
- Diploma of honor from Moscow City Duma (2011)
- Holder of Russian Federation Government Award in Science and Technology (2011)
- Order of Friendship from the President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (2012)
- Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) Anniversary badge (2012)
- Diploma and a medal "Engineer of the decade" from International Union of Scientific and Engineering Associations (2012)
- Badge of Honor named after S.I. Vavilov for active participation in research and academic movement (2012)
- Medal “For cooperation between rescue services” from EMERCOM of Russia (2012)
- Russian Federation Government Award in Education (2013)
- Medal “For strengthening military cooperation” from Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation (2015)
- Medal “For the promotion of rescue matters” from EMERCOM of Russia (2015)
- Badge of Honor “Academy star of the second degree” from Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (2015)
- Medal "For Labor merit" from Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation (2016)
- Honorable Worker of the gas industry (2000)
- Honorable Worker of the energy sector (2003)
- Honorable Worker of the RF higher professional education (2003)
- Honorable resources explorer (2009)
- Honored Worker of Higher Education of the Russian Federation (2014)
Viktor Martynov is the author of more than 210 scientific and methodological publications.