Open Days were held at Gubkin University
On 25 November 2020, the final session of the Open Days was held at Gubkin University. This time due to coronavirus situation the events were organized online.
The final session was moderated by Professor Vladimir Koshelev, Vice-Rector for Academic Work. The keynote speakers of the session were Professor Viktor Martynov, Rector of Gubkin University, and Mr. Viktor Pirozhkov, Executive Secretary of the Admissions Committee.
During the session, the speakers answered a number of questions received from prospective students and their parents, including:
- What are the job prospects after graduation from Gubkin University?
- What is the deadline for signing up for preparatory courses? And are there any advantages for admission after completion of preparatory courses?
- How is the practical training organized at various faculties? And are there practical training programs organized abroad?
- Can additional points be obtained upon admission to a Master’s degree program? Which graduate programs are free? In what format are the entrance exams for the admission to Master’s degree programs taken?
- Does the university offer joint degree programs?
In his speech, Professor Viktor Martynov, Rector of Gubkin University, emphasized the importance of the oil and gas industry for the country and the world as a whole. “Despite the current difficult situation in the global commodity market, the new coronavirus infection, the oil and gas industry remains the driving force of the global economy. The need for qualified specialists and new personnel trained by Gubkin University remains at a high level,” said Viktor Martynov.
Live broadcasts and recordings of Gubkin University Open Days were viewed by more than 52,000 people. Over 400 people attended the event on-site.
The recordings of the Open Days held by the University Faculties are available in Russian on the official website of Gubkin University.