Gubkin University organized Energy4me distance course for high-school students
On 18 October – 6 December 2020, the online course "Energy4me", was organized by Gubkin University SPE Student Chapter for high-school students. Over 60 students from more than 30 Russian cities became participants of the course.
In the fall semester 2020, the course included seven lectures:
- Introduction. Geology. Geophysics. GIS
- Drilling of oil and gas wells
- Development of oil and gas fields
- Offshore oil and gas fields
- Transportation of oil and gas. Petrochemistry
- Environmental protection in the oil and gas industry
- Fuel and energy complex. Alternative energy sources
In addition to the lectures, two laboratory sessions “Kern” and "Perforated well casing", as well as a virtual tour of the Orenburg Gas Condensate Field and a nuclear power plant simulator in the Roblox application were organized.
During the course the participants were given assignments on the topics covered. One of them was aimed at designing offshore platforms from improvised items, which enabled students to demonstrate their engineering and design skills.
As part of the course, the participants were also given an opportunity to present their scientific papers at the 12th International Youth Scientific and Practical Congress «Oil and Gas Horizons», many of which were focused on geology, development, engineering and petrochemistry.