VII Annual Meeting of the International Expert Council for Arctic Cooperation
On 7 November 2019, Gubkin University will host VII Annual Meeting of the International Expert Council for Cooperation in the Arctic (IECCA). The theme of the meeting in 2019 is “Information technologies in the Arctic: navigation, communication and management".
The International Council was established in 2013 with the support of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Russian and foreign scientists, experts, business representatives involved in the development of the Arctic are invited to participate in the meeting.
As part of the event, the youth session will be organized, where young researchers are offered to discuss the issues related to the meeting agenda. In addition, the event will feature the fifth edition of the Arctic Review – the official yearbook of the International Expert Council for Arctic Cooperation.
The official languages of the meeting are English and Russian.
The following key issues are included in the agenda of the meeting:
- Placement of data storage and processing centers in the Arctic region;
- Development of information infrastructure in the Arctic;
- Transnational projects aimed to lay a deep-sea cable on the bottom of the Arctic ocean;
- Application of technical means, software and hardware in the processes of oil and gas field management;
- Cybersecurity of important facilities located in the Arctic region.
More information about VII Annual Meeting of the International Expert Council for Arctic Cooperation can be found on the official website.
Phone: +7 (499) 507 91 01