Year of Exchange in America for Russians
The Year of Exchange in America for Russians Program (YEAR Program) provides outstanding Russian students a unique opportunity to study for one year at U.S. community colleges and universities, to learn firsthand about the United States, and to share Russia’s history and culture with Americans.
During the first month of the program, participants are placed with host families, who provide them daily meals, support, and an introduction to American culture. At the end of the first month, they move to on-campus residence halls. During the academic year, participants take courses in their major fields of study, American studies, and a wide range of electives. In addition to coursework, students engage in a variety of community and professional projects. The YEAR Program is funded by the U.S. Embassy in Moscow.
Applicants must be:
- Citizens of the Russian Federation;
- Born between July 20, 1997 and July 1, 2000;
- University students or secondary school graduates as of August 2018;
- Proficient in spoken and written English;
- Able to demonstrate outstanding academic ability;
- Committed to returning to Russia after the completion of the program;
- Able to begin the program in the United States in July of 2018;
- Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 Exchange Visitor non-immigrant category visa.
Students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. For participants with disabilities, the application age-range is expanded to include those born between July 20, 1996 and July 1, 2000.
The application deadline is 10 November 2017.
Additional information and on-line application are available at www.yearprogram.org
Ms. Marina Usova
Tel: +7 (499) 507-89-28