For master programs
- 1. Admission requirements
- 2. Best way for successful admission
- 3. Starting the application
- 4. Entrance tests
- 5. Checking of the results
- 6. Getting ready for arrival
- 7. Contacts
STARTING THE APPLICATION
Before applying for the Master program it is important to make the following steps:
- 1. Contact the Director of the chosen Master Program by e-mail or personally to get the information on the program’s condition and possibility to apply for a specific program for international students. Gubkin has many joint Master programs between companies and universities, which imply that only employees of the partner company or the former Bachelor students of the partner University could apply for this program.
- 2. To find out about the possibility for application and express the motivation of the applicant to study on the program it is necessary to contact the Program Director(s) whose e-mail(s) are available in the list of Master Programs.
- 3. If the applicant is ready to study at a specific program and the Director of the Program approves the candidate, the application can be started.
Start the application:
The application period
- 1. Personally: from June 20 and no later than July 19
- 2. By mail: from June 20 no later than July 19
During the application period the copies of the documents could be submitted. The original of the diploma and the transcript could be submitted to the Department of International Students (DIS) after the arrival for the study (if a positive decision on the candidate’s enrolment has been made).
There is only one test for the applicants for the Master Programs. Depending on the previous (Bachelor) Degree of the applicant the entrance test could be:
- 1) Oral interview – if the previous Degree of the applicant belongs to the same field of study as the Master program applied for. For example, Bachelor Degree in Economics and Master Degree in Economics.
- 2) Written test - if the previous Degree of the applicant belongs to the field of study different from the Master program applied for. For example, Bachelor Degree in Economics and Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering.
The exams’ schedule is published on the Gubkin Russian website no later than June 1st.
The admission exams for the Master programs are held from June 23 to July 24
- • All the exams are to be taken in the written form, in Russian
- • The results of the entrance exams are evaluated on the 100 grades’ scale where:
- Excellent: 100-85 grade
- Good: 84-75 grade
- Satisfied: 74-65 grade
All the exams start at 9:00 a.m.
The applicants should bring their passports to the exam.
CHECKING THE RESULTS
The University evaluates the results of exams and publishes the list of enrolled applicants on the Gubkin Rusian website around August 5.
After successful admission the original diploma and the transcript should be submitted to the International Students’ Relation Department.
The updated information on conditions, dates and requirements for application could be found on the Gubkin Russian website, For applicants section.
Useful links (in Russian):