Since the main language of study and communication at Gubkin is Russian all the documents should be filled in Russian.
Steps of application for all programs (including the Preparatory course):
- 1. Send a copy of the certificate of previous education and its translation into Russian to email@example.com (Department of International Students) to check the validity of your diploma to study at Gubkin. It is better to do it 2-3 months before the application period*
- 2. Once you get a positive reply from the DIS, prepare and submit a full set of the documents during the application period
*If you are completing your studies at the time of submitting documents and have not yet received a diploma of higher education, you may provide an official transcript with academic grades for the whole study period from your educational institution.
List of documents for admission to Preparatory, Bachelor, Masters and Ph.D. programs:
- Scan copy of passport
- Notarized translation of passport into Russian
- Original of certificate of previous education
- Notarized copy of certificate of previous education and its translation into Russian
- Health and HIV test certificates
- 6 matte photos (3x4 cm)
- Information for invitation letter
Scan copy of passport
A copy of the page with photo and personal information.
Original of certificate of previous education
Legalized (Apostille or legalization) by the Foreign Ministry of the country of the applicant and the Russian Federation Consulate.
For Bachelor program application:
High school diploma with the transcript* and translations of these into Russian.
For Master program application:
Bachelor’s diploma or its equivalent with the transcript* and translations of these into Russian.
For Ph.D. program application:
Master’s diploma or its equivalent with the transcript* and translations of these into Russian.
For Preparatory course
The candidate should provide a certificate of the previous education (given above) which would be necessary to apply for the chosen program (Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.).
*Transcript should contain the list of subjects learned, the number of teaching hours and grades.
During the application period it is enough to submit copies of the documents. The original of the diploma and transcript could be submitted to the DIS later after arrival for the study (if a positive decision on the candidate’s enrolment has been made).
Notarized copy of certificate of previous education and its translation into Russian
It is convenient to make the notarized copies of the Certificate upon Legalisation of it in the Ministry and Russian Consulate.
Health and HIV test certificates
It is advisable to have these prepared in Russia or at least in the clinic authorized by (affiliated with) the Russian Consulate in the country of the applicant’s origin. In this way the issued health certificates will be written in Russian which is better for application.
6 mat photos (3x4 cm)
Be sure to make matte (not glossy) photos for application (and for the visa as well). The stamp of the embassy or university can be washed off on the glossy photo and the document (visa, etc) with the photo becomes invalid. To avoid such situations only matte photos are accepted for application.
CV showing academic and professional background (if any) and the achievements of the applicant. Can be written in a free format.
Information for the invitation letter
To have the invitation letter issued by the Russian Immigration Service it is necessary to send the following information by e-mail to the Department of International Students (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- 1. Notarized copy of certificate of previous education
- 2. Notarized copy of its translation into Russian
- 3. Scan copy of the passport (valid at least 18 months from the arrival date)
- 2. Home address
- 3. Applicants telephone number
- 4. Name of the city in which the consulate of the Russian Federation is located and where the applicant could receive the visa
- 5. Name of previous educational institution, city (village), province where it is located:
- a. For Bachelor program application:
- i. Name and address of High school
- b. For Master and Ph.D. programs application:
- i. Name and address of the previous University
This is the basic list of documents for application. It could be supplemented by various program-related documents such as Application forms (which could be filled after arrival to Gubkin) or the list of publications (for Ph.D. programs). The information on the exact requirements for application could be found at the Gubkin website (in Russian):
- For applicants
- General rules of admission to the Gubkin University
- Rules of admission to Undergraduate programs
- Rules of admission to Graduate (Master) programs
- Rules of admission to Graduate (Ph.D) programs
Ways of documents submission
- 1. personally
- 2. by express mail
The application period
For Bachelor program
- 1. Personally: from June 10 and no later than July 10
- 2. By mail: from June 10 and no later than July 25
For Master program
- 1. Personally: from June 20 and no later than July 19
- 2. By mail: from June 20 and no later than July 19
For Ph.D. program
- 1. Personally: from June 01 and no later than August 31
- 2. By mail: from June 10 and no later than August 31
Contacts of the Department of International Students:
Phone: +7 (499) 507-81-29
Room: 1815 (8 floor, building #2).
Head of the Department: Bokov Alexey Nikolayevich
Leninsky prospect, 65,
Zip: 119991, Moscow
To: Bokov Alexey Nikolayevich
Department of International Students
Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas
While communicating with the departments of the University, please consider that the main language of communication is Russian.