"Modern solutions for oil and gas field development, well construction and logistics"
July 02-09, 2017
Gubkin University is happy to announce our Summer School!
The Summer School is organized as a part of the cooperation program between Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University) and foreign partner universities: Universitiy of Stavanger, Montanuniversität Leoben, TU Bergakademie Freiberg and Molde University College.
The official language of the lectures is English.
The School consists of 2 parts:
- Professional education and technical tours
- Cultural program in Moscow and cities along the Golden Ring
Module 1: Industry overview – Energy; Oil & Gas; Well construction and Arctic
1. Presentation of Gubkin University and international joint master programs
2. Global energy trends
3. Oil and gas in the modern world: conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources
4. Evolution of well construction techniques: problems and solutions
5. Modern technologies and scientific and technical issues in exploration and development of the Russian Arctic offshore fields
Module 2: Field development; Drilling technologies; Logistics (simultaneous classes)
1. Modern technologies for safe and effective onshore and offshore drilling of directional and horizontal wells (the classes will be held at Offshore Drilling Center and advanced training facilities / simulators of the Drilling Department)
2. Features of onshore and offshore field development: current status, challenges and prospects (the classes will be held in specialized lecture rooms and Oil Field Development Control Room)
3. Oil and gas logistics
Module 3: Cultural program
Moscow Kremlin Museums
The Golden Ring Tour
We welcome everyone who is interested in meeting new friends and future colleagues at Gubkin University and in exploring the Russian culture, traditions and hospitality during the best season in Moscow!